Tuesday 23 July 2013

Jessie's Promise

I promise… never to lick your face….unless I’ve first been eating something unmentionable out in the garden…




I promise… never to nick your food…well, not unless it’s within reach of my nose when you place your plate on the table…
I promise… never to dig any holes in the garden…well unless you’re indoors making a cuppa while I’m out there on my own…
I promise…never to eat any of your plants…unless they happen to be newly-sprouting shoots that you’ve only just planted…sooo tasty!...
I promise…never to sneak upstairs and jump on your bed…unless you happen to be sitting in it enjoying a lazy cuppa in bed on a Sunday morning…
I promise…never to jump up onto your lap while you’re sitting on the sofa watching TV…unless I’ve just been outside digging up the garden, in which case I should have some nice messy paws and a muddy nose to rub into your nice clean lap!
I promise…never to pull your arm out of it’s socket as I’m walking on my lead…unless I see a pesky cat and I simply cannot resist the urge to chase it up the nearest garden fence…
And, last but not least, I promise…never to stop rushing to knock you off your feet in my excitement to see you when you come home after leaving me in charge of the house for a few hours….cos I know you love me just as much as I love you…!

Written by Bev.

No comments:

Post a Comment